YEAR 8 PARENTS' EVENING: Wednesday 1 May 2019
Please click on the image to read the letter of invitation to parents
Testing a new approach
In response to our Parents Advisory Group and feedback from parents attending previous Parents’ Evenings, plans are in place to trial a new booking system. In the first instance, this will be a paper-based system before we trial an on-line booking system in the new academic year.
How will this work?
We have explained the plan to all students in assembly.
- Each student has been given a blank appointment card – it is their responsibility to make the appointments.
- Students will book an appointment with their subject teacher.
- Appointments are on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Meetings with parents are 5 minutes in length, the appointments are in 10 minute slots to allow movement from subject to subject.
- The first appointment is at 3.10 pm and the last appointment is 6.10pm.
- The meeting times must be adhered to – there will be a timer on the screens.
- Parents who do not have appointments may use any unallocated appointment times
- If you are unable to speak with a particular teacher, you can leave your details with our Welcome team and they will ask the teacher to contact you.
- We will be using the main Hall and the Restaurant – both are located on the ground floor and are easily accessible.
- A crèche facility led by The Bulwell Toy Library will be available for younger family members in the Dance Studio.
Countdown to Exams: Support & Information
Please visit our Year 11 Support & Information page to download our Parent Support Guide for Year 11 parents with lots of practical information to help you support your child in "the final countdown" to exams. This includes the Summer Exam Timetable and other key dates for Year 11.
Our Year 11 Support & Information page is also the place to visit for details on Revision Guides and holiday Revision Sessions.