The success of The Bulwell Academy depends on the passion and skill of its staff. The Academy is always delighted to hear from teaching and support staff that can make a significant difference to the lives of our students.
Thank you for your interest in vacancies at The Bulwell Academy.
The Bulwell Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Check for Regulated Activity via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Senior Management Vacancies
There are no vacancies at present.
Teaching Staff Vacancies
Teacher of English
MPS / UPS
Full-time, but part-time will be considered
The Bulwell Academy is an 11-18 academy serving families in and around the Bulwell area of Nottingham. We have recently become part of the family of schools that make up the Creative Education Trust and are at the start of a journey to raise standards and ensure we do all that is needed to help the young people we serve succeed; they deserve a great education, and we’re committed to delivering it.
Applications are encouraged from ambitious English teachers who share our vision and belief that all pupils have the right to have access to the highest quality education. We require a highly committed educationalist who believes passionately about making a difference to the life of every student; in return you will be rewarded with a highly competitive career package. Applications from those in the early stages of their careers and thinking about progressing into a leadership position would be most welcome. The opportunity to undertake externally recognised accredited training such as NPQML, NPQSL, Teaching Leaders, and Future Leaders, is actively promoted and encouraged.
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience of teaching English at KS3 and KS4
- Plan and deliver high quality lessons clearly focussed on learning, which challenge and engage all of our students and ensure progress for all
- Be required to work independently and collaboratively as part of the team
- Contribute to raising standards and student attainment across the whole school
Support Staff Vacancies
Examinations and Admissions Officer
37 hours per week / 41 weeks per year (term-time only, plus 2 weeks)
Salary band BA8, Points 25 - 28
£20,804 - £22,922 per annum (for 41 weeks per year)
The Bulwell Academy are seeking to appoint an experienced and enthusiastic Examinations and Admissions Officer, to be responsible for the smooth running of our examinations processes and provide administrative support and coordination for all aspects of the Academy’s admissions process.
The post holder will be responsible for managing and overseeing the efficient administration, organisation and management of all our external and internal examinations. In addition, they will be the main point of contact in respect of examination requirements, entries, results and communications, ensuring the Academy adheres to Joint Council for Qualifications (JCQ) and Examination Boards’ Regulations.
In addition, the post holder will act as admissions coordinator, liaising with the relevant Vice Principal, to ensure that the admissions processes, including completion of all the necessary paperwork, is adhered to and all the necessary data is received from the predecessor school.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A sound understanding and experience of the administration procedures relating to public exams at GCSE and A Level.
- A high level of computer literacy, particularly in MS Excel and Word.
- A good knowledge of SIMS software package including exams organiser and assessment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in order to liaise effectively with staff, parents, pupils and examination boards.
- Excellent attention to detail; grammatical and numerical accuracy and organisational skills are essential, as well as the ability to work effectively to demanding deadlines.
- The willingness to undergo training in any areas necessary and a high commitment to self-development.
- To work proactively as part of a team and with a wide range of people in a positive and constructive manner.
- The ability to work with discretion and maintain high levels of confidentiality.
- The ability to train and deploy Exams Invigilators to administer examinations.
This role is full time during term time with additional days required around the dates of the public exam results in August. The appointed candidate will have a varied and busy day, working in a school with a stimulating working environment and motivated students who are keen to learn.
To apply for this post, please complete an 'Application Form for Support Staff' which can be found at the bottom of the page, under 'How to Apply' and return to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date is Friday 11 January 2019
Prospective PGCE students should enquire through their University offices to Mrs Louise Dean, Vice Principal at email@example.com
How to Apply
To apply for a role please complete the appropriate Application Form which can be downloaded from the links below; please note that CV's are not accepted alone.
Click here for Teacher Vacancies
Click here for Support Staff
Click here for Teaching Assistants
For all posts, we would appreciate it if you would complete and return the form below (optional). Thank you
Equality & Diversity Monitoring Form
Applications by email are encouraged and should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively they can be posted to the following address:
The Bulwell Academy
Please note that due to the volume of applications we receive, we only contact candidates who have been shortlisted, and interviews are usually held within 2 weeks of the closing date.
If you are shortlisted, we will take up references before your interview so please provide accurate phone and email contact details for your referees.
Visits to the academy are welcomed; if you would like to arrange a visit please contact Mrs Tracey Sadler, PA to the Principal, on 0115 9647650 or email email@example.com